March 2, 2009
Seriously? March 3, 2009 ? Wow....who knew that I could stay at home and NOT have time to blog? Well...I am totally addicted to Facebook now and if you are reading this and are not on Facebook you need to join and be my friend! It is so much easier to give a quick status update than to try and write a funny story or give life details. So in a nutshell here's December -February.....
* took about a week for Alivia to get used to her bed...YES she screamed (still does, but she's just a screamer). She actually became a little more pleasant after a good night's sleep in her bed.
*Christmas was great...we remembered last year when we announced Alivia and this year she was here. Fun!
*I got serious about losing my "baby" weight...started exercising faithfully and dropped almost 10 pounds. Still working on it though
*Alivia got her first cold and was really stuffy for over a week. Had her first antibiotic, totally messed up her sleeping patterns, ended up back in my bed for a week, then back to her bed when she was well, CRAZY
* we started feeding her baby food when I realized she was beyond ready! One night I was eating an ice cream sandwich (Skinny cow brand!) and she grabbed my hand and shoved her mouth to the ice cream. It was so funny...she looked at me like "When are you going to give me some food woman???" The next day I started feeding her and she loved it. Now she eats three times a day and loves apple-bluberries, green beans, pears, apple rice cereal, and anything we let her taste! She gives me this big grin when I let her taste what I'm eating. It's like she knows she's doing something really special!
*our dear friends and neighbors moved back home to Indiana. It has been so hard on us. We loved them so much and miss spending time with them. You don't know what you've got til it's gone has never been truer.
*my neighbor took some fantastic pictures for Alivia's 6 month portrait....a few are on facebook!
*we work on our YOUR BABY CAN READ program regularly. She knows the words nose, hi, and clap. she can point to Scott's nose. she can pick out the word cards when we hold them up or mix them up. I am about to introduce the next set of cards. she is VERY smart! :)
*Abby has decided to take a break from gymnastics. She had lost interest lately and we thought she could use the rest after 5 years. She does practice her flips on the trampoline :)
*We decided to finish our basement FINALLY! This has been a big project and has convinced me that I would NEVER build a house. Way too many decisions and I hate too many choices because I am too indecisive. This is the last building project we will undertake, but we are so excited! Carpet goes in Wed and furniture will be delivered Sat. We are trying to decide what movie to watch first. We are actually going to "spend the night" in our new room and on our new sofa Sat. night. Abby is so excited!
*My cell phone quit working today for no reason. My service gave me the run around and offered no sensible, cost effective solution....I have to have a phone, so I was going to change providers and get a new phone. But my middle name is CHEAP/FRUGAL (sp?) so instead of losing money, paying to cancel my contract,etc...I went to Wal-mart- bought a pre-paid phone, put in my sim card and presto! I outsmarted the sytem for only $19.95! In the words of Abby, it is an "ugly" phone, but it works and that's all that matters. My contract ends in July- so we'll see what happens then...but if if works- no need to change it right?
*We are planning on a little get away over spring break and I am so excited. I really need a change of scenery. Maybe it will do Alivia good too. I think she may get bored sometimes. She has such a temper for a 7 month old. She just looks at people and screams to the top of her lungs while clenching her fists and kicking her legs. It would be funny if it were someone else's child- but I'm telling you she is a STINKER! But...we love her dearly and she adds so much joy to our family that we just let her scream! My dad affectionately (ha ha) calls her the "screamin' demon"
and she lives up to the name. Maybe she'll grow out of it!
*Abby's 4th grade Medieval Feast is Friday. I'm in charge of the decorating committee and having some anxiety about it. In the past I've just had to show up to this gorgeous event. Now I actually have to make it all come together (with lots of help of course.) I have to take the SD with me so I hope I get some work done. I will be relieved Friday at 6:30 when it's all done. I'm looking forward to having fun with Abby!
So that's the "highlights" in a nutshell. This was wayyy too hard, so my goal is to try and write at least once a week or so. It's 11:57 and I am soooooooooo tired. I hope you all appreciate this blogging effort. Better writing and reading next time. Good night! :)
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thanks for the update...love hearing the Jowers happenings!
:-)
Post a Comment