Sunday, August 5, 2007

We scared 'em away!

August 5, 2007
A couple of weeks ago my neighbors were over for dinner (nothing fancy...just hamburgers on the grill.) I was at the sink looking out the window when I saw this nice couple with daughters that looked to be Abby's age. (Ya'll need to know that anytime Abby sees someone remotely close to her age looking at houses on our street she starts chanting...buy it! buy it!) I commented to Allyson "We should go out and tell them hello, tell them how great our street is." "We should," she said. So here we go out the front door to greet total strangers. Maybe we were a little too enthusiastic or aggressive (although we don't think so)...but you would have thought we were aliens with weapons the way they looked at us! All we said was....if you're thinking of buying a house you should definitely buy here! We have the greatest street ever! Yada, Yada, Yada....
Seriously...no response! They looked at each other like we were some kind of Stepford community, got in their van, and drove away. What the heck? I commented to Allyson how weird that was and that they were so rude! She said, "Well we don't need them on our street if their not going to be social!" (And then a terrible thought dawned on me...)Did I mention that the lady was pregnant? Did you all remember that Allyson was pregnant? So what must that lady have thought seeing two women walk out of the same house and one of them is very pregnant???? The only thing we could think of is that they didn't want to move into a neighborhood with "my two mommies!" That's the only reasonable reason to be so unfriendly, right? Oh well, we learned our lesson. Next time...I'm waiting til someone moves in before I do any "welcoming"....and you better be sure I'm taking Scott (not Allyson) with me!!!!

4 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

My neighbor and I love to go to Hunan together and we are convinced that the little owner-dude has us "pegged"...LOL! We think it's hilarious!
By the way, would you give Allison W. my email address? I told her that I would send it to you and you could give it to her, but then I realized I don't have yours!
Here is mine...westiecrew6@bellsouth.net
Thanks girl!

Andrea said...

I am sure they didn't think that, huh??? That is too funny!
Penn and I used to stalk the people that "looked good" shopping to buy the houses on each side of us and tried to run the ones that didn't "meet criteria" off...
It didn't work out so well for us either!

Anonymous said...

I just laughed so hard I almost woke Madison up. Too funny!!!!

michellegoodner said...

That is Hysterical, it sounds like something that I would do!! OK.. let's plan a night out at McDonald's for you! (Ha-ha) I miss you too, can't wait to see you soon!