sept. 5, 2008
i'm holding alivia in my arms, so there will be no capitalization and very little punctuation...
we are in total survival mode...poor livi has severe acid reflux. we knew very early (day 2 in the hospital) she was going to have some digestive issues, but i never knew how bad it would get. for the past 2 days she has gotten progressively worse... severe stomach pains, gas, burping, screaming/crying out in pain- it is terrible! nothing we do seems to help...she usually cries for an hour or 2 and then finally gets a little relief- she's still not resting well at night (poor thing) and so i have called the pediatrician 3 times in 2 days (am i a hypochondriac?) she is now on 2 prescriptions for her stomach pains and i pray they will work! having an unhappy newborn can be VERY stressful...
so scott informs me he has to go to orlando for 8 days in early october (8 days people)..i was not happy- apparently he sensed my "frustration" because he offered for the girls and me to spend the first weekend with him. now the dilema (why can't i spell "duh-lim-uh" it just doesn't look right-sleep deprivation???) anyway....do i travel to orlando with a 2 month old to spend some family time together ? (Disney!!!) how stressful would that be? would it be worth it? (i mean, isn't a bad day at disney better than a good day at home?) should i leave the baby with my mom? :{ should i just stay home? oh decisions, decisions. i need some input especially if you have experience traveling with a baby. let me know your thoughts please. of course, if she is still struggling with her 'stomach issues', traveling will be OUT of the questions. Please pray for her (and me!)...i am so thankful to the Lord for the strength and endurance He gives us on a daily basis. not to mention His endless supply of Grace! "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"...
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
I THINK YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE BABY WITH HER AUNTIE KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am having serious withdrawl issues. And spelling issues. And issues about using the word "withdrawl" in regards to babies.
The end.
YOU MUST NOT GO. YOU MUST STAY HOME WITH THE BABY. YOU MUST CALL YOUR MOM RIGHT NOW AND ASK HER TO STAY WITH YOU WHILE SCOTT IS GONE. Seriously, I can't imagine dragging all the baby paraphenalia along on a trip and actually staying sane. You asked.
GO GO GO---I would so go if the medicine is working!! We have gone everywhere even 4 hour plane trips with babies. I could never leave mine so young, but if you decide to leave her---you know I would LOVE to have her over here. She would be loved on every second!!
I hope things get better with her poor tummy--if you need a break from the crying call me--crying doesn't upset me at all. i would love to come comfort/hold her and let you go walk or whatever.
WOW...I don't know what to say!!
I'll be praying for all the mentioned concerns. Hopefully God will answer quickly and clearly!
Let me know if I can help with you or the girls in any way!
I'm the crazy one (along with Kent) who thinks you should try it.
However, are you a high-stress traveller in normal circumstances?
If you are, then don't because obviously it will be more stressfull. BUT, if you can roll with the punches (and there will probably be some), I think you can go AND have a good time.
Changes in scenery ALWAYS make me feel better. Seriously....
i would go. i agree with gayle that the change of scenery will do you all good. we'll be praying for alivia!!
I don't know if this will help, but Hamilton was on 4 medications at one point for reflux which helped, but didn't cure him. So, one thing that actually stopped him from crying was sitting him on my knees and bouncing him. Not my knees, him; up and down. (Of course not hard to hurt him or cause damage.) It hurt my arms TERRIBLY, but you know what, the crying stopped if only for as long as my arms could take it. I don't know what it was, but it worked for him. Another thing you may want to think about is allergies (especially b/c of Abby). When I at anything he was allergic to, he would get like that. He couldn't digest it right and it hurt him. I stopped eating dairy and eggs which helped too. (Not an easy task with the American diet) Let me know if you want to talk or need a break!
McKinley had reflux so bad that she would just throw up ALL the time....it was so frustrating and exhausting! I'll be praying for you!
I'm with the others....you should go!!!! Go and make the best of it. And, if it's totally horrible, at least you'll appreciate your quiet home when you get back!
I think you should go! Maddie Claire had horrible reflux for the first 3 months. It was hard and exhausting but she finally came thru it. Take all the help you can. Even if it is only someone holding her while you go rest for a while or go for a walk. There are plenty of us who will gladly hold that precious baby! I'll be praying for her.
I'll watch her while u go to Disney! :) seriously! Or I think y'all would have fun as a family.
Give mylecon drops before every feeding. It helps with the gas bubbles. And we eventually had to put a little cereal in hannahs bottle to help it sit better. She was on Zantac and prilosec. And she slept elevated always. Or sat in her chair after every feeding. It eventually gets better but I know how frustrating it is and so pitiful to see them squirming in pain!!!
Post a Comment