March 23, 2008
Happy Easter! (or as my dear friend says...Happy Resurrection Day...I love that!)
I know this should be a day of total joy, but the "human/selfish" side of me is a little sad that school starts back tomorrow. Maybe it's because I don't really feel like I've had a "break". My day off began with moving the furniture out of the study/soon to be nursery. (ok-I didn't move it-but I supervised very well!!!!) Once you begin moving furniture, it is quickly followed by "rearranging" furniture, which means you see walls and floor that you haven't seen in awhile, which means you see DUST and other "stuff" that shouldn't be there, etc. etc. do you see where I'm going here? It was a never ending task...which thankfully DID end but at the END of the day.
(day 1 gone!) Next day was church (which I know should be a "restful" day, but never really is).
On Monday I did actually take a few hours "off" and head to the park. It was wonderful weather and good fun with friends. Shortly after I drove Abby to her mawmaw's house for a sleepover with her favorite cousin JoJo. After visiting and driving home the day was over (day 2 gone).
I got up early Tuesday morning and began the dreaded task of swapping winter shoes for spring/summer shoes. (I know I could avoid this by getting rid of some shoes...seriously? Do you really think I'm going to do that? Don't ya'll know how much I love my flip flops? all 22 pair! not really (more like 17) ha ha) ....anyway....I packed up all the boots and winter yellow boxes and made way for the open toes! Then I headed to the kitchen to tackle the dreaded tupperware cabinet. How is it that all the lids and bowls get mixed up and some just downright disappear? That cleaning led to the casserole and pots/pans cabinet...do you see a pattern? Then it was time to go get Abby and take her to cheerleader practice...(day 3 gone) On Wednesday I decided to wash all the baby clothes I had been given (by my sister and a friend-thanks!) to see what we actually had. Let me just say , after 8 loads, that I now know why Kate (from Jon and Kate plus 8) has someone come in and do her laundry! I have NEVER done 8 loads of laundry in a day (maybe not even a week!) and will NEVER do it again! But...all those adorable clothes are sorted and hanging in the closet- labeled with sizes 0-3/3-6/etc.(and yes-they are organized by casual, short sleeve, long sleeve, "dressy church" , Auburn, and Christmas...call me OCD but it sure does look good in there!) Whew! (day 4 gone)...How can spring "break" be almost over? I haven't had one day of a "break!" I didn't even add in the cleaning out of Abby's closet, getting "yard sale" stuff out of the attic, shopping for Easter shoes, buying the nursery furniture and setting it up, cleaning out the car, choir practice, a birthday party....oh my! I do feel like I accomplished a LOT! Scott asked me if this was early "nesting"? I sure as heck hope so...cause all I can say is -when is summer? I need a break!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Thats funny! I feel the same way whenever I have a break! And I swear I am constantly trying to clean out the nursery to move out the clothes tht dont fit and find some that do. Plus it is never organized! You are doing good to have gotten so much done already! Have a good day back at school!
maybe being back at school will feel like a break from all you've been working on!
Sounds like you can rest in the fact that you were productive. I look around my house and wonder what we did besides feed Sister Lortab all week! UGH! It's a mess! 8 loads in one day? No problem. With my eyes closed. ;-) Just kidding. That's a lot-- even for our family!
I would love to come see that organized closet...It sounds as though you do yours a little bit differently than me.
I hope you had an uneventfu couple of days back at school and some afternoon naps!
Post a Comment