Thursday, May 10, 2007

Interview with a Blogger

May 10, 2007
I was interviewed by Andrea (The Bullock Blog). Here are the questions and my responses:

1. Who do you admire most in the world (non-family member) and why?

Historically speaking, I admire Helen Keller. The obstacles she overcame and the spirit with which she overcame them is amazing. You can learn so much from reading her story. On a local level...I so admire Nancy Kitts! I've only known her for a short time, but I've never met anyone
like her. She is gentle, kind, self-less, dedicated servant of God. Knowing the trials she too has had to overcome is inspiring. She has taught me much about faith and trusting God. She is a great friend and mentor.

2. What would you do with the money if you won $20,000 in a lottery?
Well, first I would have to explain to my daddy why I bought a lottery ticket (ha ha). He is very anti gambling including raffle tickets!!!! Anyway, part of me would love to do something totally frivilous like travel or buy a little sports convertible. But the practical side of me would use the money to have our basement finished. (My hubby would be sooo proud!)

3. What is your dream job? Explain
Honestly, I have a dream job! I "work" (minister) with the best group of people ever. I absolutely love teaching (and was called to teach at a young age). I can't imagine working anywhere else...but if I did...I could picture myself booking tours at a beautiful hotel in Hawaii!

4. If you could have dinner with someone from history, who would it be and why?
This is hard! Obviously who wouldn't love to dine with Jesus? Can you imagine the conversation? Maybe on a historical note, Corrie Tin Boom. For my brother-in-law's sake, I would say Elvis (then I would invite him because he is a huge Elvis freak!) I'm sure as soon as I post this I will think of a really good answer!

5. Tell about how and when you became a Christian.
I grew up in a Christian home with wonderful parents. I had a VERY sheltered life. My mom and I were visiting my aunt's church one Wednesday night when an "invitation" was given. I have never felt such a tugging on my heart. (not emotional mind you...but very real!) I knelt and prayed to receive Christ. I will never forget feeling as though someone was hugging me (only no one was touching me.) I truly believe that was God "scooping" me up in His wonderful arms and welcoming me into His family. (When Abby prayed to receive Christ, she said she felt like God was hugging her!I was amazed because I knew exactly what she meant! God is so sweet like that.) God has been working on me ever since that night (and will continue to). He has shown me such love and grace especially in the past 4 years. Everyday I am learning how much He really loves me, and I am so thankful!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh how fun for you to play along! Thanks for sharing...your testimony was so sweet.:-)